People & Organization
In the current economic context, companies have resorted to consolidation to maximize market share and are continuing to internationalize to benefit from location-related advantages.
As companies get bigger, the need to redefine their structure becomes a requirement to keep the visibility and to ensure the good functioning of operations.
International companies need to address the following issues:
People, processes, and tools:
- To which extent having an international career is valued in the organization?
- What is the profile of an international manager?
- How to assist the expatriated staff?
- How to craft a compensation system that encourages international attractiveness and mobility?
- How to distribute the HR processes and tools across the headquarters and the branches?
- To which extent the HR function at the branch level should be independent of the headquarters?
- Which system should be used to control the human resources at the level of branches/subsidiaries
Legal and Tax:
- For which decisions should the company rely on a local juridical expert?
- How to ensure compensation fairness for the people with the same profession located in different regions?
- Which labor practices should be harmonized (e.g. working conditions, benefits…)
In the context of mergers & acquisitions, companies need to:
- Take HR-related decisions such as layoffs, mobility, and reassignments, to ensure productivity objectives are met.
- Manage change and promote cohesion between different work cultures.
- Make the old and new team need work collaboratively, learn from one another and build trust.
- Review the information system.
- Rebalance the powers within the organization to ensure social peace.
MTC provides its clients with assistance in the domains of organizational set-up and HR management. More, in particular, our interventions are related to:
- Designing organizations
- Resource planning
- Human resource management:
- Hiring and selection
- Training and development
- Performance evaluation
- Compensation and benefits
- Employment termination
- HR reporting and administration