Carrying out fourteen strategies for developing FTAs with the EU and Customs Union covering most of Middle East & North African countries: Assess the potential benefits and costs of the Great Arab Free Trade Area GAFTA , Arab Customs Union, The Arab Mediterranean Free Trade Agreement “Agadir Agreement”, on MENA economies including the assessment at the national level of the impact of liberalization coming from implementing FTAs with the EU and USA and AfCTA on Value Chain widening , economic integration, SME & private sector development and trade.
For this purpose we are endowed with needed data bases and data ware compelled from best International Data intelligence providers and with 36 years international experience in Econometric modelling & predictive analytics:
All over the above mentioned studies we performed for each analysed Free trade agreement:
• Qualitative assessment of the Agreement using Goal tree analysis, SMART and PESTEL analysis, SWOT and Value Chain Analysis and Benchmarking
• Quantitative assessment of the Agreement using R, Gravity Model and General Equilibrium Model for predictive analytics and Nash Equilibrium Model for trade negotiations
• Evaluation and full analysis of the issues relating implement the appropriate re-compensation mechanism among them to offset short-term customs revenues losses and measures to mitigate any negative impacts particulaly with regard less developed countries
• Assess technical issues covered by the Agreement: TBT, quality infrastructure & standards, SPS and conformity with EU acquis and WTO agreement;
• Assess logistic, transport and port operations issues
• Benchmark with regard the EU agreement, EU customs Union with Turkey, the South Africa Customs Union SACU and others;
• Conduct analytical study for productive sectors including the competitiveness and integration into Global and regional value chain using our databases compelling for each studied sector, country and region Revealed Comparative advantage, trade complementarity and Intra-Industry Trade ratios draft report
• Study on Exemptions Granted within the FTA and Customs Union Framework and compatibility with other agreements
At the regional level, developed strategies for developing FTAs and Customs Union and economic integration of Agadir and Arabic countries:
Study the impact of implementing the Arab Free Trade Agreement and of an Arab Customs Union on fiscal revenues, gains coming from trade development and economic integration particularly with regard trade development and facilitation , preferential free trade agreement, alleviating Technical Barriers to Trade and customs modernization and formulating recommendations for bridging identified gaps and integrating each Arab country in regional and international value chain and supply(transport and logistics) chain
Survey on trade and transport facilitation in Egypt, KSA, Jordan, & Sudan and formulation of an action plan bridging the identified gaps with regard trade facilitation, customs modernisation, Technical Barriers to Trade and transportation and enhancing Arab intra trade and economic integration.
Formulated strategy and action plan for private sector development implementing Public- Private Partnership Investment enhancing trade in Port and Transportation Facilities between Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan & Sudan
Developed regional strategies for developing economic integration and value chain widening in the Textile and Garment sector and the agri-business sector in the member states of the Arab Mediterranean Free trade Agreement of Agadir” as well as an action plan for developing and promoting intra-trade between them and export to the EU and for alleviating trade, logistics, quality infrastructure bottlenecks for export and investment
Design of an SME Development Program and Loan Guaranty Fund for Agadir countries that support SMEs of Agadir countries in developing linkages, economic integration through widening regional value chain and intra-trade between Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia and Jordan including the design of Matrix of Agadir exports and intra-trade between them and with Arab and EU countries by each priority sectors, particularly the agri-business sectors
Drafted for ATU a Regional Study on Reducing Transportation Costs for the Companies Applying Accumulation of Origin among the Agadir Agreement Countries including a strategy and Actions plan for Trade facilitation and developing logistic, port and transportation infrastructure.
At the national level developed for Tunisia and Jordan Sectorial Strategies, evaluating the impact of EU and US FTA agreements on the studied sectors and formulating a strategy and Action Plans for integrating global and regional value chain , and implement safeguard measures mechanism to offset short-term customs revenues losses and mitigate negative FTA impacts on nascent industries:
Strategy and Action Plan to enhance the competitiveness of the Tunisian Furniture Industry
Garment Strategy and Action Plan to enhance the competitiveness of Jordanian garment
Strategic study and an action plan to enhance the competitiveness of the Tunisian knitwear industry;
Marketing Strategy improve the competitiveness of Jordan Ceramic Industry;
Marketing Strategy to restructure and improve the competitiveness of Jordan Steel Industry.